Monday, August 06, 2012

Geoswag

If you are here by chance because you have found one of my geoswag items please leave a comment! It's pretty cool to see where things end up.

My awesome new geo-treasures to trade and leave in caches:D (for anyone who is not familiar with geocaching, go to geocaching.com. Do it now. It is an amazingly fun hobby!) Joe and I are planning on taking a trip to Louisville in October while he's on leave from his deployment to go see Powerman 5000 and I wanted to get these rolling before then so I have something to leave in the Kentucky caches we might find (and any along the way)







The branches were cut by my loving father from our back yard and the background pictures are mostly photos I took with my cell phone while I was (supposed to be) working at the Algonac State Park:













Who can mow a lawn when there is a beautiful rainbow in the sky just beckoning you to stop and whip out your cell phone to capture it...



And likewise who can possibly empty trashcans when there is a gorgeous sunset! I miss some parts more than others at that job...haha

 

And for good measure here is my geocaching profile -> CLICK HERE My username is Doublejinxed (it's a screen name I have been using since my days of magical chatroom RPG battles (I was a little bit of a nerd in highschool...)) And thus my logo is 13X2. "13" symbolizing the "jinx" and X2 symbolizing the "double" part:)
 

Here are a couple of caches I've found before and a treasure I found in one (lol)









Beautiful, no?

8 comments:

kalkavekkian said...

Just letting you know i found one of your geoswag items in a cache in Lake Station, Indiana. Very cool idea for a sig!

ntatro said...

Awesome:) and thank you!

fishejim said...

Hi, picked up your swag at the Toledo Museum of Art. I was there for my daughter's Youth Symphony Orchestra performance and it was just nice enough out to look for the cache (and actually find it!) Great pictures! Thanks!

ntatro said...

Awesome:) Youth Symphony sounds really fun. What does she play?

fishejim said...

She plays the viola. She's a freshman in high school.

Barak & Diane said...

Found one of your geoswag coins in cache GC44MD3 in Kansas. Will be relocating to a Colorado Cache upon returning home. Visiting Manhattan with rmdi and daughter who will be a Wildcat this fall

Shannon said...

Found one of your geoswags in Manhattan, KS. also. I took it to Afghanistan with me. I meant to write then, but didn't have the time.. I am now home and glad to be home. There was one cache there, but I wasn't allowed to get to it. I almost had the Commander convinced to let me go....Oh well, at least I can cache ?safely? again.

ntatro said...

How cool! My husband found one in Bagram by his barracks. I was checking on the site to see if there were any there for him to get and there was one called "Shoot, Log, then run!" It only had one find...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...